Vote for your favorite – we'll donate $250 to the winner!
This special nonprofit edition of Email Showdown features email campaigns from two inspiring oganizations doing great work around the world: WE Charity (formerly known as Free the Children) and charity: water.
First, let’s take a look at an email from WE Charity, an organization that serves impoverished youth. Their campaign asks supporters to donate to a clean water project in the spirit of the holidays.
• First, they incentivize donating now by promising to double your gift.
• A story about thirteen-year-old Gladys helps demonstrate the direct impact of the project and your donation.
• Then, the footer offers more options for those who’d like to contribute in other ways.
Next up? charity: water. Their email also promotes a clean water project – this time in Rwanda.
• The clean and minimalist template puts the spotlight on the beautiful hero image up top.
• The copy is easy to scan and explains the direct impact their Giving Tuesday campaign for 2017 will have on this specific community.
• Finally, they encourage supporters to keep an eye on their inbox on Giving Tuesday to participate.
Vote for your favorite!
So, what do you think? Which email is more effective at communicating a story and soliciting donations?
For this week's Email Showdown contest, we're donating $250 to whichever nonprofit gets the most votes. So choose your favorite email design and strategy, vote for your favorite on our Facebook page, and stay tuned for the winner reveal this Friday!
About the Author
McKenzie Gregory is a senior content manager on Emma’s marketing team. A Nashville native, she can be found covering all things email on the Emma blog, debating hyphenation rules, and watching obscene amounts of Netflix without a trace of shame.Follow on Twitter More Content by McKenzie Gregory