If you've ever flipped the channel to HGTV or browsed home decor on Pinterest, you've probably heard of Chip and Joanna Gaines. They're the stars of hit television show "Fixer Upper," owners of Magnolia Homes, a remodeling and design business, and the beloved couple that made Waco, Texas a travel destination.
I'm a card-carrying member of the cult of Chip and Jo, but even if you aren't a fan of their design aesthetic in the home (hey, farm sinks and shiplap aren't for everyone), there's no denying their style in the inbox. Our team has been continually impressed with the emails we've received from Magnolia Market, their online store – so much so, in fact, that I decided to feature them here!
Check out the smart design and strategy choices behind one of their recent email campaigns:
1. A clean, branded template gives you visual credibility in the inbox. Plus, it helps provide your subscribers with a cohesive experience between your different customer touch points, whether it's your emails, your website, your brick-and-mortar store– you name it!
2. If you're going to use a large hero image, make sure it helps reinforce (not distract from) the central message of your email. In this example, for instance, the hero image ensures you know the email is about their app before you even make it to the headline.
3. If the goal of your email is to inspire some sort of action, make the path to take that action as clear and frictionless as possible. One of the best ways to do that is to include a large CTA button
that's easy to tap on a smartphone, plus language that makes it super clear what's next.
4. Sometimes, your audience might need a little more convincing before they'll take the action you desire. Supplement your primary call to action with anything that really drives home the value they'll receive when they follow through.
5. Like here, for instance, they highlight a cool feature of their app that allows users to see what an item would actually look like in their home.
6. Then, once you've walked out that value, give recipients another clear path to action!
About the Author
Follow on Linkedin