Email marketing and social media are powerful marketing tools by their own rights – but when they come together, that power increases tenfold.
It makes sense: Today's buyers generally make decisions based on information from multiple channels, so when marketers focus all their energy on just one, they risk missing their prospects at key stages of the customer journey.
Plus, Salesforce confirms that combining email with other marketing channels can deliver better personalization and customer experience, with the three biggest benefits cited as improved awareness, higher rates of customer engagement, and improved customer acquisition.
That said, here are three ideas for combining your social media and email marketing to deliver better, more effective online experiences.
1. Use your social channels to grow your email list.
2. Target your email audience on social.
You can do this by uploading your audience list to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. A few reasons you might want to target email subscribers with social ads?
• Reinforce messages they might have missed in their inbox.
• Re-engage with subscribers who have stopped opening your emails.
• Encourage existing customers to make a repeat purchase.
• Run targeted promotions for specific groups of people, like people currently in trial, or prospects who have yet to make a purchase.
3. Test ideas on social, then use what works in email.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin