Check out these stats for insights into marketing in 2017
Between the good and the bad, sweeping industry changes and fleeting trends, this year was inarguably one for the marketing books.
But by far, one of our top accomplishments as a team was the release of our first-ever industry report, which dove into the biggest goals and obstacles for today's marketers. To give you a good picture of what we discovered, I've compiled every stat from the hefty, 20-page report in this blog post. Be sure to check out the full 2017 Industry Report for details on our survey methodology and plenty of actionable takeaways from the data, but in the meantime, here are the stats!
2017 Marketing Industry Report Stats
• 68% of marketers say that gaining new customers or increasing revenue are their ultimate measures of success.
• 47% of marketers feel more pressure to meet the expectations of their organization than the expectations of their audience.
• Only 12% of marketers feel like they always meet the expectations of BOTH their audience and organization.
• 64% of marketers say they either don't have the time or personnel to do the marketing they would like.
• 37% of marketers wish they could execute more targeted marketing.
• 47% of marketers say they get the most ROI from email marketing.
• 24% of marketers say their biggest email marketing challenge is personalization, while 24% struggle to get their recipients to open their messages.
• 39% of marketers haven't integrated their email marketing with any other digital channels.
• 58% of B2B marketers plan to increase spending on email in the next year.
• Nearly 40% of B2B marketers wish they could do more targeted, personalized marketing.
• 37% of B2B marketers say that measuring ROI is their biggest pain point.
• 31% of B2B marketers say they don’t have enough personnel to do the kind of marketing they would like.
• Nearly 25% of nonprofit marketers don’t have the budget to do the marketing they would like.
• 41% of nonprofit marketers say they don’t have the time to do the marketing they would like.
• Email is the #1 channel at generating ROI for nonprofits.
• 69% of nonprofits plan to increase spending on social media during the next year.
• 52% of nonprofits aren’t integrating their email marketing at all.
• 43% of B2C marketers say email marketing brings in the most ROI.
• 41% of B2C marketers wish they could do more personalized marketing.
• 36% of B2C marketers say getting people to open their emails is challenging.
• 34% of B2C marketers say they don’t have the time or the team to achieve their goals.
• 64% of university marketers say email marketing generates the most ROI.
• 73% of university marketers plan to increase spending on email marketing in the next year.
• 59% of university marketers aren’t integrating email marketing with their other systems.
• 45% of university marketers say they don’t have the time to do the marketing they would like.
• 41% of university marketers say they struggle to get people to open their email.
About the Author
Follow on Linkedin