- Our attention spans are virtually non-existent these days, so excite your subscribers the moment they open with compelling imagery that reels them in. And if don’t have the design chops to do it yourself, give our Design Services team a shout… this template is their impressive work!
- Let’s face it: Most of your audience doesn’t want to spend a ton of time reading through your email. They just want to get to the must-know information – stat. Make it as effortless as possible by putting the most important bits of your message in an easy-to-find (and easy-to-click) location.
- If they are scrolling through your whole email, don’t make it a chore. Bold headlines and clearly defined sections allow subscribers to quickly scan and digest everything you have to say, making their experience with your brand feel like time well-spent rather than a hassle to get through.
- Video content is HUGE in the marketing world. And there’s a reason for it – 70% of marketers say video produces more conversions than any other type of content (Vidyard). Considering its power in other channels, it’s not surprising that adding it to your email has been proven to seriously ramp up subscriber engagement.
- Creating as many touch points with your audience as possible (even beyond the inbox) is always a good move. Including links to your social profiles in your footer will help you engage with subscribers in different ways and expand your social audience – a total marketing touchdown.
Want to see more from the Blue Devils? Sign up for their email list here.
About the Author
McKenzie Gregory is a content writer on Emma’s marketing team. A Nashville native, she can be found covering all things email on the Emma blog, debating hyphenation rules, and watching obscene amounts of Netflix without a trace of shame.Follow on Twitter More Content by McKenzie Gregory